Earthing Sticky Mat Kit
Adheres to surfaces
Adheres to Surface
A Must For an Office
Use Almost Anywhere
The Earthing Sticky Mat adheres to your existing plastic carpet protector and can be used to Earth at your desk while at work. It can also be applied to the top of a desk or to many other surfaces at home or work.
The Earthing™ Sticky Mat adheres to your existing plastic carpet protector and can be used to Earth at your desk while at work. It can also be applied to the top of a desk or to many other surfaces, including carpet at home or work. Alternatively, you can leave backing paper on and move around.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets Are Earthed with our Socket Tester:
In order to use your Earthing products through an electrical outlet, you must connect it to the “earth port” of an earthed 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, check that the outlet is earthed by plugging in the Socket Tester. Three orange lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper earth and you are ready to connect your Earthing product. Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly earthed. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2 below.
Please Note: In Australia, it is compulsory by law to have all electrical power outlets Earthed, however, if in doubt for any reason it is easy to check with our socket tester which is inclusive in all our Starter Packs, otherwise you can purchase individually – please click here to order.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Earthed:
a. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth around 20cm to 25cm, close to the foundation of the building and where vegetation is growing or the area is damp.
b. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
c. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
d. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up Your Office Earthing "Sticky"Mat
1. The Office Chair Mat has an adhesive back with peel away paper to adhere to a carpet protecting mat.
2. To attach Office Chair Mat, peel two inches of the paper slowly back. Start applying the adhesive side to the existing floor protector, carpet or whatever surface you want to use it with. Press down the first 5cm that have been peeled away and continue to slowly pull the backing paper off to expose the adhesive backing. Using one hand, slowly pull back the paper and use the other hand to continue pressing the adhesive side against the floor mat until the entire Office Chair Mat adheres.
3. Attach snap end of the Earthing cord to snap press stud on the mat.
4. Insert the metal pin end of the Earthing cord into the Earthing grey adapter plug, then into a properly earthed wall outlet. There is no need to turn the power switch on. Or, if using a Ground Rod, connect to cord of an Earthing ground rod and place the rod in moist earth outside.
5. The non-sticky side of the Office Chair Mat is conductive. The Earth’s energy is transferred best when your bare skin is in contact with the pad, can also be used with socks. It just takes several minutes to make the connection.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Product Continuity Tester:
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing Mat is conductive. The Product Tester is sold as an accessory or comes with our Starter Packs. Click here to purchase.
a. Firstly verify that the Product Tester itself is operational by pressing the button that says “press” and release—the small light on the front will flash green one time then goes off. Indicates tester is good. If no green light battery (Lithium CR2032) may be flat or unit faulty.
b. Snap Coil Cord included onto Product Tester’s metal press stud, if not already assembled.
c. Insert your grey Earthing Adapter Plug into the power outlet you intend to use with your product.
d. Insert prong end of Product Tester Cord into one receptacle of the adapter plug or if using a Ground Rod, attach a splitter to end of ground rod cord and insert into one of the receptacles.
e. Plug Earthing cord from the mat into the other receptacle. You should now have both the Earthing Mat and Tester connected to the plug that is in a power outlet.
f. Place product tester flat on the mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with the surface of the mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact and press down on the "Press" button. A green light means that the mat is in good working order. In the unlikely case that no green light comes on, the mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced – you should also check your connecting cords to make sure they are conductive as well (see below).
Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the product while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on the back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the product. Make sure that both the tester and the product are plugged into the earth, as described above. You can also put some moisture on your fingertips to create better contact.
g. Disconnect product tester from the adapter plug or ground rod. However, it is fine to leave plugged in to test when needed later on
h. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire, replace the battery (Lithium CR2032) by unscrewing the back panel.
Test Your Product Cords For Conductivity:
- Replace the coil cord already on the product tester with the cord to be tested.
- Touch the metal pin of the testing cord to the back of the metal disk on the tester
- Hold down and press the “Press” button for at least 3 seconds.
- A green light indicates that the cord is in good working order.
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down the mat using a non-corrosive cleaner or warm water on a regular basis. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of the mat. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the Earthing mat. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity. Air-dry the mat only,
Watch Video on How To Set Up:
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Barefoot Healing Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.