Food-Grade Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate 98% MgCl2.6H20 (min 46% MgCl2). Magnesium Flakes 250g
- Food-grade quality magnesium chloride salt flakes with sea trace minerals – can be used for remineralising filtered drinking water, mouthwash, as well as bathing.
- Naturally evaporated magnesium chloride salt from pristine region 3,000m above sea level in the Tibetan Plateau (not near populations, mining or agri-industry).
- Laboratory tested in Australia (no mercury nor lead detected).
- Contains over 16% elemental magnesium ions (the highest in the range of magnesium chlorides)
Magnesium soaking allows your body to absorb magnesium via thе skin, effectively bypassing the digestive system and gaining faster access to cells. It is a superior method of absorbing magnesium to tissue cells in the case of magnesium deficiency compared to taking tablets and powders, which аrе inefficiently digested and mostly expelled into the toilet. The gut wall can only cope with dilute amounts of magnesium – otherwise, the stool liquefies and you lose the magnesium too quickly. Your internal tissue cells in muscle and bone may be starving for more magnesium, but the only way to absorb very large amounts of magnesium ions naturally is to let the skin do all the work via magnesium water soaking or to apply Magnesium Cream or Magnesium Charge Lotion.
The other great benefit of magnesium foot soaking or bathing is the therapeutic effect of the heat of the water itself. Magnesium soaking is very soothing and relaxing and helps to prepare for a sound sleep if done half an hour before bedtime.
HOW LONG FOR?
Whether you soak in a full bath or via a foot soak, over half an hour of soaking, magnesium absorption slows down and then stops as the skin reservoir reaches saturation. In this way the body is self-regulating. It doesn’t matter from where on the body you absorb magnesium ions. This means that over half an hour the body can take up about the same amount from the foot soak as it can from the bath. However, the bath can deliver faster results all over the body due to immersion and heat. This is a bonus for those recovering from surgery, injury, inflammation or other painful conditions. For these conditions use 2-3 cups magnesium flakes. The benefits of the foot soak are that it is often more convenient and uses less water and magnesium flakes.
During Magnesium Soaking your skin also has the opportunity to excrete waste products, which lifts the load on the liver and kidneys. This is an added advantage.
ELECTROLYTE WATER FOR BETTER HYDRATION:
Elektra Magnesium Flakes can be used to make mineral alkaline drinking water from filtered, distilled or rainwater. It can also be used to make a mouth wash with a stronger concentration (1 teaspoon per 250-300mL), which is alkalising and beneficial for teeth and gum health. Magnesium is anti-inflammatory and supports healing and recovery.
RECOMMENDED DILUTION & USES
- BATH: 1 or 2 cups per bath.
- FOOT SOAK: 1 dessertspoon or tablespoon full in half bucket hot water.
- Mg OIL MASSAGE or COMPRESS: 50g or 60g per 100ml water (adjust lower for sensitive skin). You can also apply additional plant oil to massage. With direct application to skin in massage or compress you may experience a temporary tingling sensation. The solution may be diluted further if required. As magnesium cellular stores are replenished the tingling sensation dissipates.
- MOUTHWASH: 1 teaspoon per 250-350ml purified water. Store solution away from daylight. This dilution can also be used as an eye makeup remover with application to a cotton applicator.
- MINERAL WATER FOR ENHANCED HYDRATION: To restore minerals in drinking water after distillation, reverse osmosis filtering, or in rainwater, add a small pinch (approx 0.5 gram) in 1-litre water. Some people may like a bit more if they perspire a lot. It depends on how much electrolyte loss you experience. There is no one precise amount for all. Adjust to suit individual requirements.
Magnesium Flakes 1kg