Sleep is essential for good health - it refreshes the mind and repairs the body! It’s a huge part of our lives and we all know lack of sleep can cause us to be clumsy and disorientated, fatigued, have poor concentration and memory, mood disturbances, impaired judgement and reaction time and poor physical co-ordination. Usually irritability rises and the ability to manage stress falls. Bad sleep can also affect our relationships, cause havoc with our long term health and well-being and even affect our financial welfare. Therefore, it is vital to get a good night’s sleep and the good news is that Earthing has been shown to dramatically help with sleep issues. When we get good quality sleep the entire world looks brighter!
The primary reason people do not sleep well is stress. Feeling chronically stressed “in effect” is a result of holding the body in a flight or fight state for an extended period. When the body is in this state, it becomes charged with elevated levels of the hormone cortisol that disrupts metabolism and sleep. Sometimes we seek relief with endless cups of coffee, pharmaceutical medications and herbal remedies only to end up in a vicious cycle of more bad sleep and side effects.
Grounding naturally reduces charge in the body which in turn normalizes hormone cortisol secretion and enables stabilized sleep, naturally.
The cycle of discomfort, stress and insomnia can be readily reversed and improved in many cases by sleeping grounded and one of the easiest ways to do that is by using one of our Earthing Sleep Systems.
A study published in a 2004 issue of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (click here to read the full report) concluded that Earthing during sleep resynchronizes cortisol secretion more in alignment with its natural, normal rhythm – highest at 8:00 AM and lowest at midnight. The table below provides a visual representation of the dramatically improved cortisol group profile.
Graph A indicates a normal 24 hour cortisol secretion profile in unstressed individuals
Graph B shows the wide variety of patterns among the participants prior to Earthing
Graph C represents the altered patterns of the participants after Earthing – a significant stabilisation of cortisol levels
Subjectively, the participants reported improved sleep along with reduced pain and stress. Even more impressive was the fact that the improvements often occurred within the very first days of sleeping grounded.
Below is a summary of the findings:
- All but two subjects developed more natural cortisol rhythm, and one of the exceptions was someone already in a normal pattern.
- Eleven of twelve participants said they fell asleep faster.
- All twelve reported waking fewer times during the night (from an average of 2.5 times to 1.4 times, a 44 percent reduction).
- Nine out of the twelve said they felt more refreshed and less fatigued, with more daytime energy.
- Of the eleven subjects who said before grounding that their pain interfered with general activities, seven now reported improvement and only four said there was no change.
- Nine out of the twelve described reductions in their emotional stress and were less bothered by problems such as anxiety, depression, and irritability; two said there was no change.
- Six out of seven participants with gastrointestinal symptoms reported improvements.
- Five out of six women with either PMS and/or hot flashes said their symptoms were better.
- All three individuals with TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain said their discomfort was less.
Begin Sleeping Grounded With Our Popular Starter Packs!
The popular starter packs feature a money-saving combination of the most popular Earthing Products and everything you need to start Earthing immediately. Choose from an Earthing Leatherette Sleep Mat, Mattress Cover, or Silver Gridded Sheets (which every suits your needs best) to use on your bed to sleep grounded. An Earthing Universal Mat for use elsewhere in your home or office while you work or relax. All relevant connections and testing equipment so that you know your products are conductive and working.