Earthing and Other Tips to Stay Healthy This Winter
Mid-winter is such a typical time of the year for our immune systems to start failing us isn’t it? By half way through the year many of us have been going full steam ahead with work or home projects so when the cooler weather sets in and slows us down a little, small cracks in our health start to appear.
Often tell-tale signs that our immune systems have taken a battering include having a recurring cold or finding that a wound is slow to heal.
I know for myself since I’ve practised Earthing and used Earthing products, I don’t experience severe colds or flu like I used to. But I’ve also taken a more holistic approach to my health over the last few years and I believe a combination of Earthing, good nutrition, vitamins and minerals as well as learning to meditate has done wonders for my health and well-being.
So aside from Grounding and using your Earthing products, I’ve put together a few handy tips you might like to try to help boost your immune system over these cool Winter months! And keep in mind that you don't always have to totally give up something you love like chocolate - just start cutting down or slowly increase your greens by adding into sweet juices - just little gradual changes can make a big difference over time.
Help boost your immune system and improve your overall feeling of wellness by:
- Cutting out junk: High-fat, high sugar processed food-like products should have no place in your diet if you want to boost your immunity. Ditch the fast-food and opt for raw fruit and salads, fresh lightly steamed vegetables, lean meats and wholegrains.
- Supplement with Probiotics. Over half of your immune system is said to be in your gut so a daily intake of a quality probiotic will help boost your natural immunity and help you recover faster from illnesses such as colds.
- Add fermented foods. A diet rich in fermented foods can help re-balance the body and restore good bacteria in the gut, which in turn will help strengthen your immune system. Try a daily glass of kombucha, drink kefir or eat fermented foods such as sauerkraut, tempeh or seed cheese.
- Drink red wine. Latest research indicates that those who drink red wine may help develop a kind of immunity against some viruses that trigger the common cold. According to a study conducted by more than 4000 faculty members at five Spanish universities, the study found those who drank 14 glasses of red wine a week had a 40 percent lower risk of getting a cold than teetotalers! Wine contains high levels of antioxidants called flavonoids.
- Indulge in citrus. Loaded with vitamin C, grapefruit, lemons, oranges and mandarins are ideal for helping boost your body’s natural defence against infections.
- Ginger & garlic. Both are warriors for the immune system. Ginger contains potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties while raw garlic contains the phytonutrient allicin, which also helps protect the body from infections and illnesses.
- Boost your zinc levels. Great for wound healing and a healthy immunity, try adding zinc-rich foods to your diet such as red meat, eggs, fish pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
|We would love to hear how you help stay healthy in Winter too, so let us know via our Facebook site what health tips and tricks you use to keep your immune system strong. Just click on the Facebook Cube ⇒|
Enjoy your weekend and remember every time you connect to the earth, you feel better!