Earthing Quilted Pad Kit
A Versatile Soft Quilted Pad To Use Anywhere
Soft and Quilted
The Earthing Quilted Pad is a versatile pad that can be used throughout the home in various situations. Use while in bed to sleep on, on the sofa while watching TV and ideal to take with you when on the move and want to keep up your grounding.
The Earthing Quilted Pad is a versatile pad that can be used throughout the home in various situations. Use while in bed to sleep on, on the sofa while watching TV and it is ideal to take with you when on the move and want to keep up your grounding.
The Earthing Quilted Pad measures 50cm x 71cm. The side that you lay on is specialised cotton and silver earthing fabric and the underside is a non-slip material, with soft quilting material in between.
Our kit includes everything to start Earthing as soon as you receive it.
- 1 x Quilted Pad
- 1 x Straight Cord
- 1 x Earthing Adapter Plug with built-in splitter
THROUGH STUDIES & FEEDBACK, EARTHING HAVE SHOWN TO:
- Improve many inflammatory disorders
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Boost the immune system
- Improve sleep
- Increase circulation and blood flow
- Reduced Stress and have a calming effect on the nervous system
- Increase energy and vitality
- Quicker recovery from muscle tension and injury.
Plus much more - READ HERE
We want you to get the very best out of your new Earthing Pad so please take the time to carefully read our washing instructions as this could make a big difference to the life of the sheet or quilted pad.
We have recommended the basic Earth Choice Laundry Liquid in the clear bottle for washing your Earthing Sheet as it has been verified by Earth Choice that it is safe to use with our special Silver Thread. The Earth Choice Concentrate was not suitable.
If you choose to use your own washing detergent, we would highly recommend that you contact the manufacturer and get their formulation team to verify that it is OK to use with Silver and will not have a chemical reaction.
Added oils and whiteners, even natural ones, can have a chemical reaction with the silver and reduce the longevity of your sheet. Please see full details below in Step 5.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets Are Earthed with our Socket Tester:
In order to use your Earthing products through an electrical outlet, you must connect them to the “earth port” of an earthed 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, check that the outlet is earthed by plugging in the Socket Tester. Three orange lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper earth and you are ready to connect your Earthing product. Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly earthed. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2 below.
Please Note: In Australia, it is compulsory by law to have all electrical power outlets Earthed, however, if in doubt for any reason it is easy to check with our socket tester which are inclusive in all our Starter Packs, otherwise you can purchase individually – please click here to order.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Earthed:
a. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth around 20cm to 25cm, close to the foundation of the building and where vegetation is growing or the area is damp.
b. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
c. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
d. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Quilted Pad:
a. If using in bed, place the Earthing Pad anywhere on top of your fitted sheet where you can make bare skin contact, eg legs, etc. It can also be placed on a sofa or floor or anywhere you can make some bare skin contact with it.
b. Insert one end of the Earthing cord into the adapter plug supplied, then into a properly earthed wall outlet or if using a Ground Rod, connect to the cord of an Earthing ground rod placed in the Earth outside.
c. Find the connecting black tab on the Pad and snap the other end of Earthing cord onto the tab by clicking it on.
d. When you lie down on the connected Pad with some bare skin contact this will transfer the Earth’s energy to your body.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Product Continuity Tester:
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing Products are conductive and working.
a. Verify The Product Tester. Firstly we need to verify that the Product Tester itself is operational by sliding the green button from OFF position to ON position. The light will quickly flash green, then goes off. This indicates that the batteries are fine and the tester is good and in proper working order.
You can also test by making skin contact (No cord needed). Slide the green button to the ON position. Place your thumb on the metal press stud on the front of the Tester and with the other hand, one finger on the metal disk at the back. The green light should stay on while you have both fingers touching the metal and this also confirms the Tester is in good working order.
b. To Test a Product:
- Snap Coil Cord included onto the Tester’s metal press stud (front), if not already assembled.
- Insert your Earthing Adapter Plug with inbuilt splitter into the power outlet you intend to use with your product.
- Insert metal prong end of Product Tester Cord into one receptacle of the adapter plug. If you are using a Ground Rod, attach a splitter to the end of the ground rod cord and insert it into one of the receptacles.
- Plug Earthing cord from Pad into the other receptacle. You should now have both the Earthing Pad and Tester connected to the one plug that is in a power outlet.
- Place the Product Tester flat on the Earthing Product, making sure that the metal disk on the back is making good contact. With the button in the ON position, the GREEN LIGHT should stay on.
c. To Test Yourself:
Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their Earthing Products. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand flat on the Earthing Product while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver disk on the back of the tester. A continuous green light will show that the body is grounded when touching the Earthing Product. If you still can’t get the light to come on with your hand, slightly moisten your fingers so that it creates a better channel or check the cord (see below).
d. When finished testing, slide the switch to the OFF position. It is fine to leave the Tester plugged into the adapter plug.
e. You don’t have to test your products often. Perhaps after cleaning or you think they may not be working.
f. Test Your Product Cords For Conductivity:
- Snap the Earthing cord you are testing onto the press stud on the front of the Product Tester
- Insert the pin end of the Earthing cord in the side of the tester.
- Slide the green button from the OFF position to the ON position
- The green light indicates that the cord is in good working order
- Slide the green button back to the OFF position, so that the battery life remains intact
Step 5: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Sheet or Other Silver and Cotton Products
It is good to wash your Earthing Quilted Pad. It will not be harmed by washing, in fact, it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver, keeping it conductive.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly
- Wash in a washing machine, with a mild detergent such as Earth Choice “standard” not concentrates.
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40-60 degrees Celsius (105 Fahrenheit)
- Line dry, air dry or use a dryer on very low heat
- Don’t wash with bleach
- Don’t use whitening detergents (including lemons), oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender, coconut oil or eucalyptus oil.
- Don't use fabric softeners
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners or wool washes
- Don't apply lotions, medical creams or body oils before bed.
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non-conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties. Whiteners and bleaches will ruin the silver quickly and render them non-conductive.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin and to make sure the lotions have been absorbed by the skin
Earthing Quilted Pad Kit Contains:
- 1 x Quilted Pad (71cm x 50cm)
- 1 x Coil Cord - Stretches out
- 1 x Adapter plug with inbuilt splitter
- 1 x Instructions
12 Months Manufacturing warranty against defaults, such as stitching, cord, clip attachments, etc.
Please note this does not cover wear and tear and silver oxidization from personal use - this includes patches on the sheet that have become non-conductive.
Our cotton and silver sheets/pads should last approximately two years but due to many personal variations such as detergents used, washing instructions being followed correctly, body acidity, creams or lotions used on the body before bed, medications being perspired out of the skin, even the water it is washed in, etc., may vary the lifespan of the sheet.
Every sheet/pad is conductive upon receiving and it will depend on the end user’s care and personal circumstances as to how long the sheet will stay conductive.